Known for their aesthetic value and all around good looks stone tiles made from natural stone are becoming quite popular. These naturally occurring stones, or pebbles as they are sometimes called, come from riverbeds or places where they have been polished to a smooth finish by running water after they have been collected they are molded into a slab with the required shape according to what the customer wants and later installed relatively easily. They have a great-looking finish and are used on floors and also counters, pavements, and even on some walls. Glass mosaic tiles are also used for these purposes and have inherent advantages. Although they are interchangeable in some uses, they have a few disadvantages. They include;
1. The pebble tiles come in many different colors sizes and shapes as well as a varying texture; that makes it better in some ways than the glass mosaic. The glass tile however can be modified to fit most needs.
2. The pebble tiles will wear less and last longer than the glass tile because of the fact that it is not as brittle and not as likely to chip. Heat and other elements of nature will have less of an effect on the natural stone.
3. Natural stone tile as well as the glass mosaic tiles have both been used for centuries, however the stone tiles still stand out as a fashionable finish. They have never gone out of style and they complement just about any type of interior finish you want to use.
4. Natural stone tiles are very affordable and easy to maintain while the glass mosaic tiles are more expensive and require more work to maintain. Excessive cleaning of the tiles just results in re-polishing the pebbles while the glass tiles are easier to scratch and that makes them look worn.
5. Even though the glass tiles can be found in a wide variety of colors they don’t have the warm colors of the stone tiles. The warm colors of the tile are more homey and inviting. This is why the stone tiles are used more often in households, offices and conference centers where a warm serenity is desired.
6. Due to its versatility stone tiles are a sought-after commodity. The immeasurable capability of the stone tiles to be molded into almost any configuration including pavement slabs, kitchen slabs, and floor and bathroom tiling make it very popular.
7. Because they are naturally occurring stone tiles are always available and easy to find, while the glass tiles are harder to find and sometimes need to be pre-ordered before you start on your project.
Although we have been talking about the advantages of stone tiles over glass tiles you need to take the application into consideration. Depending on the rest of the bathroom the glass tiles may just look better.